Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Play time!

I stayed home from work not feeling well today so I thought it was the perfect time to play with my new Spectrum Noir markers!  I purchased the skin tones and the brights a few weeks ago (still waiting on the browns, reds and blues to come!) and I've only played two times so I'm still really new at this! I used the DR2, DR4, BP3, BP4, FL1, FL2, CR7, CR9, LG5, JG1, TN2 and GB6 markers just to name a few!  Pretty much most of the brights :)

My niece's birthday is coming up in January so I got a head start on a card for her.  I found this adorable image on the blog of a lady named Anne from Norway and thought it would be perfect for my sweet little niece.  I played around with a lot of different colors in the brights pack and I'm pleased with how she turned out!



Next I calculated how to cut the image out using my Cricut and the Cricut Craftroom software to give a cute border which I also punched small holes in with my hole punch to give it a little lace effect.  After picking out some paper from my scrap bin (man that thing is overflowing!) I added some ribbon and the sentiment that was in my stash.  The sentiment came in some kit several years ago and I trimmed it down into a tag which I attached with a small safety pin.

I love how this card turned out and I hope she does too!  I'm entering this in the Super Scraps Saturday challenge over at Hiding in My Craft Room.  Its my favorite challenge since I always have a TON of scraps laying around! Thanks for stopping by!