Saturday, January 5, 2013

HIMCR #79 - Black, White and 1 Color

Happy New Year!!  This year I decided to embark on a "Project Life" adventure.  I don't know how effective I will be at documenting each week like I intend but if I don't give it a shot I'll never know!  The goal is to make one layout a week that sums up that week's events, happenings and general life.  I have a Bo Bunny 9x9 album that I have never used that will be perfect for this project.  I plan on using 8.5x11 page protectors cut down to 8.5x8.5 so the layouts will be slightly smaller than the album calls for - as soon as I can find my page protectors!  I may have to buy more.

This week at Hiding in My Craft Room the challenge is to use black, white and just one other color.  This week I chose a pretty turquoise or light teal shade of blue.  It is my favorite color at the moment!  I made the 'title' page for my Project Life album.

The ribbon is leftover from my daughter's wedding and the paper is a scrap I had in my basket.  I dug around and found some Maya Road clear journaling tags.  The one I chose says 'then and now' which I thought was just perfect!  I found some glittery Thickers in my stash for the numbers and added a couple of Prima flowers with EK Success pearls as centers.  I love how it came together!

Be sure to link us up with your creations and let us see what you come up with!


3 comments:

stefani said...

Dude! I am doing project life this year too! I am doing the regular fill the squares in the pocket page method. I wonder how many 12 x 12 pages of cats is too much?

I like the then and now/2013 square thingy on your page.

Amber said...

Hmm I don't know that it can be too much - especially if you ask a cat! LOL I thought about the fill a square method but then I'd have to spend more money and since the 8x8 page protectors are only $3.54 at target I figure I can get away with that.

Make sure you post yours! I read your blog thru my reader and I enjoy seeing your craftiness :D

stefani said...

Thanks Amber. I hope to be particularly crafty this year.

Did you know you can now buy the divided page protectors at Target? They are WRMK brand but they still work the same.