Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Fall Creation

While going through a box I found a bag of old spoons from my grandmother. These particular spoons are from American Airlines. Believe it or not they not only used to serve real food on the airplane but you got to eat it with real utensils! My aunt was a flight attendant which is how I imagine my grandmother ended up with these.

I really wanted to make something neat with these and being intrigued with the utensil art I've seen on the net in various places this is what I came up with. I used glue dots to attach the spoons. I'm not sure that will hold up well - its hanging on the wall now so we'll see. My next approach will be to dig out the hot glue gun and try that if these glue dots fail me. This little wall hanging is my entry to the Paper Issues challenge to create something in honor of Thanksgiving.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

what a FAB use for those spoons to make such a WONDERFUL wallhanging....those were the days!!

Cassie said...

I love utensil art...I thought I was the only dork like that!!!!!
I love this!!!!!
=)
Thanks for linking up!!!
You rock!!
=)

Cassie said...

You are featured today on Paper Issues!!!
I didn't know if you wanted me to use your real name or not.
=)

Amber said...

Woohoo! Thanks Cassie!